Future Nurse – Gabrielle Campise

For this week’s Where are they Now? we have Gabrielle Campise. Gabby graduated in the class of 2019. She was also a previous member of The Parrot family. Continue reading to see what Gabby has been up to since Audubon.

Jordan: Hey Gab, what have you been up to since graduating?

Gab: I became a nanny, I go to a lot of concerts, and I sleep alot.

Jordan: That’s really cool. So what college are you attending and what’s your major?

Gab: I go to Rutgers Camden and I am a Nursing major.

Jordan: Thats awesome. I bet Rutgers is a lot different from high school.

Gab: Absolutely! One thing that is different about college compared to high school is that everything is on you. It comes with so much freedom, but you need to find a balance with it between school and life. It can be difficult at first, but you get the hang of it.

Jordan: I know me and my fellow seniors are definitely excited to have more freedom outside of high school but it’s going to be important for use to find a balance. Did anything in high school make you more interested in majoring in Nursing?

Gab: I honestly just love helping and taking care of people. I guess you could say I was the stereotypical “mom” of my friend group haha. Nursing is an extremely rewarding career, and there’s so many different avenues you can go down.

Jordan: That’s great, it seems like you have a lot of options when you get out of college. Sounds like your friends were a big part of your high school experience, do you have any other favorite memories from high school?

Gab: Definitely my Make a Difference project with Mrs. Pitt my Junior year. I still talk about it in college. I also loved just sitting with my friends everyday at lunch. College spreads you all out into different paths so it can be challenging to get altogether now.

Jordan: I know a lot of people always love their Make a Difference project that Mrs. Pitt does, because it gets people out in the world and makes it a better place. I can also agree that I know how hard it can be to get friends together after high school, because I’ve seen my sisters go through it. Finally one last question, what is something you wish you knew when you were in high school?

Gab: I wish I realized earlier that seriously everything is temporary. I had the tendency to dwell on things and put a lot of pressure on myself. Also to stop spreading myself too thin, because there’s only so much you can do in 24 hours. As well as to learn to put yourself first sometimes, because everyone needs it.

Jordan: That’s great advice Gabby. Thanks again for doing this interview!

Gab: Of course.