Future Artist, Jaymi Vilardo

For this week’s Where Are They Now?, we have a 2018 graduate, Jaymi Vilardo! In high school, Jaymi was greatly involved in the schools marching band. She was also known to be a good artist during her time at Audubon. Continue reading to see what Jaymi has been up to since graduating.

Jordan: Hi Jaymi, thank you for letting me interview you.

Jaymi: No problem!

Jordan: So, what have you been up too since Audubon?

Jaymi: I have been in school, making some cool art, and working. If you wanna see some, follow my art account on Instagram, @jevisuals_710.

Jordan: What school are you going to?

Jaymi: I go to Pennsylvania College of Art and Design in Lancaster, PA.

Jordan: That’s awesome that you continued with your art into college! I bet college in Lancaster is completely different than high school in Audubon.

Jaymi: Yes, one thing that’s much different from high school is that no one cares if you don’t go to class: You are responsible for your own education. For me, I feel a lot more comfortable here than I was in high school because I’m doing what I love to do every day.

Jordan: It’s so great that you are pursuing art as a career. How long has art been a part of your life?

Jaymi: I have been interested in art all of my life, so I just felt like the obvious career path for me was to be an artist. It gave me the opportunity to work in a field that I am extremely passionate about.

Jordan: I can assume that art classes must have been a favorite memory of yours from high school, but do you have any other memories you would like to share?

Jaymi: Well, one of my favorite memories from high school is probably winning nationals in marching band during my junior year, doing indoor percussion with my friends and one of my favorite teachers, Mr.Latham. Finally, my choir senior solo with one of my closest friends at the time playing piano for me.

Jordan: It sounds like you had a great high school experience at Audubon. Do you have anything you wish you knew when you were in high school?

Jaymi: I wish someone had told me to have more fun, and to not be so serious about what was next all the time. If I could tell my past self that, I would. I was in such a hurry to leave that I never quite lived in the moment. Also, I’d say I wish I knew to stop looking for people to approve of what you are doing, because the only person who can get you to where you want to be in life is yourself. Their validation isn’t all that important.

Jordan: That’s some great advice, I feel like many high school students would need to hear this and apply this to their life. Thank you again for letting me interview you.

Jaymi: Of course!