Funky Freshman: Charlotte Coker

Back to Article
Back to Article

Funky Freshman: Charlotte Coker

Charlotte Coker, a freshman at our school, is also an aspiring photographer with a spunky personality. During an interview with Charlotte she explained some things to me that she was interested in doing later in life. A big goal of hers is to save up to take photography classes at Drexel and have a full career in that field.  Before she grows up and leaves Audubon, she is keeping busy with softball and hanging out with her friends. During our conversation, she offered some advice to her younger self: “Stay on top of your work to keep your grades up” and “Stay active on paying attention to the stability of your mental health.” I think a lot of younger people could use this advice, as well. Going through high school can be difficult, and keeping up with everything adds on to the stress. In high school, especially in this time period, it is challenging to make friends, so Charlotte’s advice to those struggling is to not lose your spark and creativity. Charlotte feels that people judge her before getting to know who she really is, but when they get to know her they find that she’s quirky and spastic in the best sense. One of her unique traits is having pink hair, which she proudly shows the world. During our interview, one thing that really stuck with me was Charlotte saying that, “There is much more than meets the eye when you meet me.”