Julianne Brown

Back to Article
Back to Article

Julianne Brown

Graduation always felt so far away in the future, but now I’m at the end of my senior year, and it’s only about a week away. I’m excited to go to college and become more involved in my field of study and do more related to my own interests, and I’m ready to move on from high school. Still, leaving high school is bittersweet. I’m going to miss seeing my friends and favorite teachers everyday and participating in the clubs and sports that I have been part of for the past four years.

But change isn’t always a bad thing. Leaving middle school and entering high school seemed scary, but high school opened so many more opportunities for me. The change allowed me to meet new people and make lifelong friendships. I also joined sports and clubs, such as tennis and musical. The new friends I made and the new activities I joined helped me become a happier, more confident me. And just like high school ended up being a positive change in my life, I think college will be too.

For anyone entering high school, I suggest stepping out of your comfort zone and joining as many activities as you can. Don’t be afraid to branch out from the small group of friends and activities you have when you first enter high school! It’s a great way to discover new interests (that sometimes even lead to a career path), make new friends, and make high school more enjoyable.