Mark Colavito

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mark Colavito

So this is it. My four years at Audubon High School are coming to a close. Coming into high school an extremely-confused freshman who spent all his energy attempting to fit in with people who did not reciprocate the same feelings, I assumed that high school would be nothing but terrible. Sophomore year was a whole lot better. I met a great new group of friends and took my favorite class with my favorite teacher- Mr. Marino- who inspired me to major in Biochemistry and further my love of science. While junior year was definitely the most difficult academically and emotionally, it taught me how to keep pushing through even when times got tough. Now, as a senior with four years of high school experience, I am much more confident as a person and feel like I can accomplish anything I put my mind to.

Even though it took me four years (and trust me, I still have a long way to go as a person) to truly be myself and be okay with that, you don’t have to. My advice: be yourself. Expressing who you genuinely are will attract more people and you are more likely to make better friends. I recommend getting involved in as many activities and challenging classes as you possibly can to find something you love to do and learn as much as possible.

Thank you AHS

-Mark Colavito