Nora Giovanetti, Cheerleader to Teacher

For this week’s Where are they Now? I interviewed alumni Nora Giovannetti.  A former Audubon cheerleader, Nora is always full of pep and cheer. In this interview Nora talks about the great difference from college to high school, and shares her high school memories…

Jordan: Hey Nora, So what year did you graduate?

Nora: I graduated in 2016.

Jordan: Same year as my sister. So what have you been up too since high school?

Nora: I’m continuing my studying at Stockton University, and I’m currently working on getting my Bachelors in Liberal Arts with a concentration in Early Childhood Education and a minor in Disability Studies.

Jordan: W0w, that seems like a lot of work! Must be very different from high school, right?

Nora: Yeah, one major difference between college and high school are simply the classes! Instead of 45 minute classes, our shortest class is an hour and 15 minutes long. Our longest being four hours! But students are able to take night classes instead of morning, which is good.

Jordan: I’m excited to be able to have a different scheduling for college classes. So, what inspired you to go for your major?

Nora: I’ve always wanted to be a teacher since kindergarten. I looked up to my teachers and a lot of the teachers I’ve had during school made me want to become one. I absolutely adore kids so I know this will be a perfect fit for me.

Jordan: That’s really great, Nora! So what are some of your favorite memories from high school?

Nora: My favorite memory in high school was for sure the football games! I was captain for the JV and Varsity cheerleading team. I sure do miss cheering for the boys on the field! I also miss my favorite class which was trash to treasure with Mrs. Mueller! (If you haven’t had her as a teacher please take her classes, she is the best one!)

Jordan: Seems like you have a lot of fun memories from high school. Finally, what is one thing you wish you knew when you were in high school?

Nora: One thing that I wish I knew when I was in high school was APA formatting. Throughout high school for me, we used MLA formatting. You only use APA formatting in college so I had to teach myself. I also wish I knew how fast time really flies by! Students should really live in the moment because before you know it, it’s all over!

Jordan: Time really does fly by in high school, I think we all need to live in the moment more. Thanks so much for letting me interview you Nor!

Nora: No problem Jor!